Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Member of the Family


About 5 years back we had a yellow lab named Lady, she was then about 13 or 14 years old , we were not sure about her age as she was adopted from the pound. She was the most sweet, loving, gentle dog....of course we all love our dogs...as she got older it was hard to take her with us in our motorhome to travel as she could not get up and down the steps and she was too big to carry! So we decided to get a little dog as our future plans were to travel more and more over the years to come....that is when our precious little Duchess came into our lives, she is a mini dachshund, and she loves..loves..to travel. Well my husband just loves her and so do the boys, but lets get REAL here....the boys would really love to have a "mans dog" so they say..but thinking about bringing a puppy into our home is just not something we would consider right now.

But when one of the girls that works in my shop had to move and could not take her 6 year old yellow lab with her, she asked if anyone knew someone who might make a good home for him, well SUCKER that I am when she showed me the picture of him I just about fainted....it looked just like our lady dog. So I talked with my husband and he said we can give it a try and see how it works out....and since we have a BIG yard there would be no problem with having a BIG dog......well now we are the proud owners of "Chase" he fits right in! I have never had a male dog, so that is really different for me, but he is just so sweet, well trained and just fit right in with our whole family..dogs and all....

Of course all the BOYS just love him so he is getting alot of attention right now..the only downside is I just can't keep him out of the POOL!!!!! He is swimming at 8 o'clock in the morning ..YIKES! But we love him..it will be interesting to see how he does on a motorhome trip..that will be different for sure since he is just a little bigger than my Duchess........



3 comments:

Karen said...

Awwwwwwwwww . . . WELCOME CHASE!
I wonder what Jorja and Harley are going to think about you!
He is just gorgeous. And btw~ that's what Labs do! They SWIM! he'll be in the water - always ~
:) YAY!
HAGD! Me.

Maija said...

Congrats on your new addition!!! He looks delightful!! I can't keep my retriever out of the pool either!! There is alwasy a stinky towel by the door to dry her off!

Charlene said...

I could not have passed Chase up myself. He is precious! We adopted a chocolate lab & what a lover he was. I adored him AFTER he was 2 years old & stopped chewing EVERYTHING IN SITE! Enjoy every moment with this big guy. I am getting excited about meeting everyone at Kim's Event. Charlene