Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Treasure Hunting....Paradise

Florence...Colorado is a haven of antiques shops......I wonderful woman named Mary I met along the way told me about this place called Florence and said if I like antiques I must go there....OMG I am so glad I did...row after row, after row, of shops......



I started to shake as we drove down the block..you know that feeling, right?

Oh the treasures I could find.......

My hubby brought our dog and his cigars and said to me "have fun" he is so good to me! I wandered up and down and in every shop that I could go to.....as he patiently waited for me.



Everyone was so very friendly....a lady then told me about a place were the men go...this was just perfect, check it out..."Mantiques" to funny...



This little town seemed to have everything. I found so many wonderful things of course I had to have..he..he....



Laces...buttons...jewels....hats with millinery flowers....old bingo cards




But my most favorite find was this vintage laundry cart....it was in perfect shape and even came with a brand new extra cover...and it is pink! I knew I had to have this !.....it would come in handy on our trips in the motorhome when we need to do laundry..right? Perfect and it folds up flat so it travels well. Ready to do laundry????
This is the bottom of the cart, it is called the Gypsy Kart, perfect name for it!
Now you know you have a great find when your hubby gets in on the action, isn't he cute toting this cart to the laundry mat....
Even the dog got in on this one! We had so much fun with this cart, what a great find!


4 comments:

Karen said...

Dale is going to SHOOT YOU!!!!! (hehehe)
Yeah, I know the feeling of the "shaking". I still remember your text. I read it to Mark and he started busting up and I said "I am so MAD we are not there! I'd be shaking right next to her!"
:) Next time.
Or better yet - in TWO WEEKS!
Love this - we need to go back . . . YAY! Pulling our cute little vintage trailers . . .
:) HUGS! Karen

JoAnne said...

Really does look like paradise! Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great time in Florence- wish I could have been there shopping with you! That would have been great fun!!


Sorry things are not going great for you lately. I always try to remember the Annie song- The sun will come up tomorrow-

Love your new purse! I'll take the one that got our conversation started when you came in the store!!!

bee blessed
mary

Maija said...

OMG! Look at that sweet little stinker in the basket!!