Sunday, April 17, 2011

Junkin...Texas Style

Phew........I think I have caught my breath! It just seems like from the Middle of April till now I have been on the Go....now I have had a chance to sit down and share some of the fun things I have been doing. My Texas Roundtop trip was the BOMB!!!!! I am not sure I can even explain what this is like...but lets just say it was an experience I will never forget....

I got a few pics to share ..but the shopping kept me pretty busy and some days I didn't even pull out my camera. But ...I did get some so I can give Ya'll (that's my Texan drawl) ..a little taste of Texas!

Driving into Roundtop area at first you see a few houses with stuff in the yards..kinda like a garage sale...resist...resist (that is what I kept telling myself as I wanted to stop at all of them !)









Then you start to see all of the tents....your heart starts to pound..and you can no longer resist...STOP! I say STOP!



This is an example of what is in the tents...(pinch me I must be DREAMING!!!)


 Cute......
 Sweet......
 Good stuff......
 Look at the junk...(heart starts to pound)
 Just look at ALL of this STUFF!!!!!
 OMG.... I am breaking out in a sweat.............
 How funny is this!
 Lace...ruffles..burlap and linen..everywhere you look, it is just over whelming!


Tent...after Tent...after TENT of it!!!
 There are rows and rows and miles and MILES and MILES of tents! SOOOooooo busy shopping I did not get alot of pics of the tents....but keep looking!



I loved this one...what a perfect name!




Some have cute displays set up and others just have their junk out!!!!! I really loved the junk too!



Isn't this wine rack made out of old spools cute????



OK...taking a break...lunch time at the cafe in the shade...I think this day was the hottest, 95 and sunny!
Charlene, Karen V., Susie, Riki, Rita and me.



This is Cindy and Susie at the blog party showing off their blogger name tags!

Charlene and I, its her dress such so cute! Handmade by Deb Hodge...(Breathing beside us)of course she made my cute jacket too! I am also wearing my blogger badge, I made a little bag to wear on my belt with cute lace and stuff! Everyone was to make a blogger badge and wear it so we could all met and know who's , who! Really fun. Miss Sandy Navarro won 2nd place, she made the cute little cross over bags that most of our group was wearing , she gave them to all of us with our names on it. I had just got mine that night....so I wasn't wearing it. Thanks Sandy they are very cute!

OMG...talk about cute! Check out these JUnk Gypsy Gals....they came up with this wheel barrel full of goody bags for all of us at the party! They are just too stinkin cute!


Here is Diane Cook with all of her lovely jewelry...we got the sneak peek.


Our Dinner at Royers Cafe was a blast! this is the outside of the cafe...cute!



And then sweet Riki walks up in her new duds...yes Magnolia Pearl...Robin hand picked them for her! She looked so darling.....

Standing on the front porch of Royers as they sign and call your name for dinner...


Cindy, Karen Valentine and Karen DeCapite at our table.....the walls are just covered in junk!




Back at our hotel room.....we filled every nook and cranny with our junk...it was so hard for the lady to clean it everyday...but we tipped her good as we left and told her we were sorry!!!!!!


On the bed....under the bed.....




In every corner..............




Against every wall................

Oh and of course you have to see Magnolia Pearl booth...this dress was a bird cage with live birds inside!!!! Really!!!!!!

Pit stop on the trip home for the hubbies.........



Check me out! Ha!

Boy did we ever pack this little trailer full of stuff!!!!Wait I see a little room at the top...maybe one last trip for some shopping...Ha!

But 4,069 miles later...we made it home, hot and sweaty but we made it!!!!! Oh did I mention that after over 26 hours of driving home we got a flat tire in Indio , about 100 miles from home....but I guess other than locking our keys in the car at the gas station (thank goodness for ONSTAR although we also locked the phones in the car too but borrowed a phone from the gas station manager) and bringing the wrong size ball for the trailer hitch (ace hardware was close by) all in all I think we managed to have a pretty safe trip....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a great trip this looks like you had Joy!! Thank you so much for taking those of us who cannot go on the virtual trip!

Can't wait to see all the goodies you came home with! Love that desk that Karen brought home!

Love those cute little ruffles on your jean shorts too! What a great idea!

bee blessed
mary

Maija said...

Omg joy!! I'm sweating just looking at your photos! I can't even imagine your excitement!! I love your denim skirt with the linen ruffle and the belt bag--- everything is marvelous!!!!

Charlene said...

Adorable post!!!!!!!!!!!! What adventures YOU/WE had!!!!!! I'm ready to do it again but, this time... I want us all at the same hotel!!!! I loved EVERY MINUTE I GOT TO SPEND WITH YOU MY PRECIOUS FRIEND!!!! Hugs!
Charlene

Solem's Classic Interiors said...

I would have loved to have seen the look on your face when you first pulled into Warrenton! Priceless, I’m sure! No one can imagine all the pretties that are just waiting to be purchased and taken home! No truck is big enough to hold everything! Too bad the checkbook isn’t bottomless ;-)

We’ll have to spend more time together next Antiques Week ~ I wish we had played together more in Texas ~ such a fun girl’s time!