Friday, May 9, 2008

AAA










I can't even begin to tell you about the most fantastic weekend I spent at AAA, that is An Artistic Affaire and Kim's home in Culver city. First we had Friday night soiree at Sweetpeas with a Moroccan theme...check out the table decor (totally over the top) the colors were awesome, bright oranges and pinks, complete with a belly dancer and henna tattoo artist. Then on Sat morning off to Kim's house were I was just dumb founded by her beautiful home. She had every detail so beautifully done, we had an afternoon tea with all the trimmings....as well as lunch and dinner, seems like Kim was always coming around with a tray filled with scrumious goodies. Even her drink set up was so inviting. Check out my ever so cute little cupcake birthday book we hand stitched this was Kim Henkel's class, then Emily http://www.embers.typepad.com/ in the picture with me taught us the most beautiful bird book using PAPER Towels (can you believe it) but mine is not complete yet so I will post the pics later. Then Lori Maire (OK I will have to do a whole page on this cutie) showed us how to make our dream home on cloth and then mounted to a canvas (another incomplete project, but I am almost done with mine and will post SOON. You do have to check out her web site http://www.prettylittlethings.typepad.com/ though. Then last but not least CANDICE...and her beautiful party hat, don't we all look like Queens in our lovely hats? This was the most beautiful day spent with some of the most creative ladies I have ever met, I am just so inspired to create...create...create...Oh and Kim will be hosting another on in Oct this year, of course we got to pre sign up...but it you get the chance you simply must go to this event....it is sooooooo... worth it !

3 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

hey girl,
this was a blast!!
one of the best girls weekends ever!!
thanks for carpooling with maija and i. that was super sweet.
hcak to reality. see ya in November, if not January.
oxoxo,
jessi

Cindy F said...

Looks like ya'all had a blast! Very Foof-a-life project. Cool!

Kim Caldwell said...

I was SO happy to meet you Joy! It was an homor having you here -- I am looking forward to many more fun adventures!

Hugs, Kim